If you are not involved in the divorce, registrations are only available if you can present a signed and notarized document in the form of a letter, statement or affidavit granting permission from one of the parties. Otherwise, you can get the documents more easily if you have one of the parts with you. To obtain a copy of a marriage/divorce certificate, contact the clerk`s office in the district where the marriage/divorce takes place. List of the County Clerks Office Mail form and payment to the estate and family court, to whom you request a copy of the court minutes. If it was more than 7 or 10 years ago, and the clerk`s office no longer has a copy of the divorce decree, you can check the district records department, sometimes called the Vital Records Department, the Vital Statistics Office, or the Registrar. If the Records Department does not have divorce orders, contact your State Department of Records or Registrar. As a last resort, you can track down your divorce decree online. Different sites offer search engines and databases that can help you find the decree. If you lose or fail your divorce decree, don`t panic. Chances are you`ll receive a copy with one of the sources described above.

And if you`re a third party, you can always get a copy with additional paperwork, such as a form signed by one of the parties and certified notarized. Both parties to the divorce would receive a certified copy. It is important that you keep the decree in a safe place, as several public institutions and private companies may require it to verify your marital status. However, if you lose the order, there are a few ways to get an additional copy if you need it. If you are not involved in the divorce, obtaining a copy of the divorce decree may require additional papers. Office of Clerks If you have applied for divorce abroad, you can find information about the issuing authority in your home country – including name, current fees and procedures for obtaining an official copy – on the U.S. State Department website. (On the left page of the site, you must select the first letter of your country`s name, select your country and click on the "Marriage, Divorce Certificates" tab for details.) Before you go to the agent`s office, make sure you have some form of identification and your divorce number. If you do not have the file number, the administrator may be able to search for the party, date, lawyer or judge. When a third party seeks a divorce decree, the administrator may ask one of the parties authorizing the information or copy of the document to send a signed letter or affidavit. To obtain copies of divorce documents, go to the courthouse and request a copy or send a request by mail.

To obtain a certified copy of your divorce file, you need your docket number. If you don`t know what your docket number is, call the Court de Probate-Family, where your case has been heard to get your docket file number. Court staff will ask you for the type of file, the name and name of the parties and the service where the divorce was requested, so they can help you. You will receive the copy within a week of receiving your payment from the court. The civil court responsible for your divorce proceedings keeps a copy of the divorce decision in its records, both electronically and physically. If you have misplaced or lost your original divorce decree, you should first go to get a copy, the administrator`s office.